CIT Machines provides two very different types of glass tube & rod cutting methods: Diamond Saw Cutting or Score, Snap and Polish
Diamond Saw Cutting Using CIT Machines and Wet Process
Glass Tube and Rod Cutting: The saw cutting is done using thin diamond wheels ganged together on an arbor. The lubricant being used in this process is water. This is a high-speed, high-volume process. This process is capable of cutting both tubing and cane.
Most common types of glass CIT cuts with this process are:
- Corning 8870 or equivalent
- G. E. or Osram 772
- Osram SG-80
- G. E. 180
- 7740 Pyrex
- High lead glass type 2795
- Schott 8487
Typical tolerances for this process are:
- The tubing or cane length for the cutting is 13.5” or 343 mm. CIT can cut longer length tubing down to this required length.
- The outside diameter of the tubing or cane runs from .045” (1.143 mm) to .150” (3.810 mm).
- The length of the cut part can run from .060” (1.524 mm) to 4.0” (101.60 mm).
- Tolerance of the length runs from .002” (0.050 mm) to .005” (0.127 mm). The outside diameter, inside diameter and length of the part being cut will determine this tolerance.
- Product is cleaned using our automatic washer, DI rinse tank and centrifugal dryer.
Score, Snap and Polish using CIT Machines
Finished product can be furnished with fire-polished (glazed) ends or as cut. This process is better suited for hard types of glass.
Typical types of glass CIT cuts with this process are:
- G. E. and Osran 772
- Osram 773
- 7740 Pyrex
Typical tolerance for this process are:
- Outside diameter from .050” (1.270 mm) to .200” (5.08 mm)
- The length range is from 2.0” (50.80 mm) to 54’ (1371.60 mm)
- Typical tolerance for length will range from .010” (0.254 mm) to .030” (0.762 mm)
- Fire polish can be performed per customer requirements
Statistical process control used on all critical parameters.
Bar coding and vacuum packing are available.